Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Reading Help and other Homework topics.
Making reading an everyday part of your family's life is a lot easier than you may think...
• Share conversations with your child over meal times and other times you are together. Children learn words more easily when they hear them spoken often. Introduce new and interesting words at every opportunity.
• Read together every day. Spend time talking about stories, pictures, and words.
• Be your child's best advocate. Keep informed about your child's progress in reading and ask the teacher about ways you can help.
• Be a reader and a writer. Children learn habits from the people around them.
• Visit the library often. Story times, computers, homework help, and other exciting activities await the entire family.